"Whatever your nature is, there are many paths that will suit you, so don't fixate on just one. Should a particular path close, all you have to do is find another good one consistent with what you're like.
But most people lack the courage to confront their own weaknesses and make the hard choices that this process requires. Ultimately, it comes down to the following five decision:
1. Don't confuse what you wish were true with what is really true.
2. Don't worry about looking good - worry instead about achieving your goals.
3. Don't overweight first-order consequences relative to second and third-order ones.
3. Don't let pain stand in the way of progress.
5. Don't blame bad outcomes on anyone but yourself."